Andreas Berger started his insurance career in 1995 as a leadership trainee at Gerling Group, followed by various leadership positions at Boston Consulting Group. He returned to Gerling in 2004 as Head of Commercial Business and International Programs and Affinity Business.
When Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE (AGCS) was created in 2006, Andreas Berger became its Global Head of Market Management & Communication, where he established an overall market management function for the corporate client segment and served as AGCS spokesperson. In 2009, he was appointed AGCS Chief Executive Officer, Regional Unit London with responsibility for UK, Ireland, South Africa, the Middle East and Benelux.
In 2011 Andreas Berger joined the AGCS Board of Management as Chief Regions & Market Officer (Central & Eastern Europe, Mediterranean, Africa and Asia). In addition, he assumed responsibility for the Global Broker Channel Distribution for the Allianz Group.
Andreas Berger joined Swiss Re in March 2019 as Chief Executive Officer Corporate Solutions and member of the Group Executive Committee.
- Master's degree in Law, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Université de Paris-Dauphine (IX), France/Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Insurance Society
- Honorary appointment as member of the selection committee of the Collège des Ingénieurs
- Board member of Advance, the leading business association for gender equality in Switzerland