Swiss Re’s Global Broker Group
Helping facilitate our broker relationships around the world
The Global Broker Group (GBG) has the principal role of fostering the ongoing strategic development and monitoring of Swiss Re’s relationships and growth with the global brokers.
The Group is made up of senior Client Markets reinsurance managers from Americas (Jim Wilcox), Europe (Nicola Rautmann) and Asia (Anna Lee).
The Group seeks to achieve its goals by
Development of a worldwide strategy for Swiss Re’s top broker relationships through:
- Senior level global and regional summits, identifying and overseeing execution of joint strategic growth and service initiatives.
- Planning, organising and following up on issue specific broker C-suite meetings
Development of growth opportunities with Brokers through:
- Identifying the best opportunities for Swiss Re and brokers to work together and increase the capacity / support Swiss Re provides to the broker channel.
- Responding to changing client needs and increasing our collective offer through new product and market development.
Broker specific communication & branding.
- Emphasising that Swiss Re is a dual-channel distribution company and improving mutual understanding throughout Swiss Re and broker organisations
- Promoting to brokers our new business development and service improvements and encouraging innovation
Defining Swiss Re’s value proposition to brokers for both reinsurance and insurance based on their needs.
- Assessing current gaps in Swiss Re’s delivery to brokers, and how to close them
- Advising on optimum delivery model for the broker channel
Analysis of the broker channel and Swiss Re’s broker relationships by:
- Providing internal and external analysis of the top brokers and Swiss Re’s relationships with them - including both financial and service metrics
- Reporting economic trends which impact the broker channel and recommending how best Swiss Re should respond