- Be introduced to the functions of reinsurance. Its breadth of services and products and how these can help an insurance company strengthen its balance sheet.
- Differentiate between proportional and non-proportional reinsurance treaties and understand how to structure and price reinsurance programmes.
- See how reinsurance can be leveraged to address specific balance sheet issues with client companies and provide a framework to support strategic market decisions.
Participants should at least have:
- 1-2 years of experience in an insurance company
- Basic understanding of insurable interest, utmost good faith, indemnity, contract law, insurance law.
Onboarding sessions (choose one)
Wednesday 16 March 2021, 09:00 – 10:00 CET or
Thursday 17 March 2021, 09:00 – 10:00 CET
Monday 21 March 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CET
Wednesday 23 March 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CET
Friday 25 March 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CET
Monday 28 March 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CEST
Wednesday 30 March 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CEST
Friday 1 April 2022, 08.30 – 12.00 CEST
EMEA and ASIA friendly time zones
- Introduction to reinsurance: functions and nature of reinsurance, its services and products.
- Explanation of traditional proportional and non-proportional reinsurance treaties.
- Structure of reinsurance programmes.
- Pricing models: Fundamentals of reinsurance pricing approaches.
The event may be photographed, videotaped, filmed and /or digitally recorded. You consent to Swiss Re's use, free of charge, of any memorialization of the event in which you may appear for any Swiss Re publication or promotional purpose.