Property and Casualty Reinsurance Basics
Introductory | 20 September – 1 October 2021 | Virtual Course
|Line of Business:||
|Date:||20 September – 1 October 2021|
EMEA and ASIA friendly time zones
Virtual Training Course
This course is an introduction to reinsurance. It is targeted at insurance professionals in the early stages of their career who will need to interact with reinsurers; but have yet to do so.
- Be introduced to the functions of reinsurance, including its breadth of services and products, and how these can help an insurance company strengthen its balance sheet.
- Differentiate between proportional and non-proportional reinsurance treaties; and understand how to structure and price reinsurance programmes.
- See how reinsurance can be leveraged to address specific balance sheet issues with client companies, and provide a framework to support strategic market decisions.
- Introduction to reinsurance: functions and nature of reinsurance, its services and products
- Explanation of traditional proportional and non-proportional reinsurance treaties
- Structure of reinsurance programmes
- Pricing models: Fundamentals of reinsurance pricing approaches
Participants should at least have 1-2 years' experience in an insurance company and have basic understanding of insurable interest, utmost good faith, indemnity, contract law, insurance law.