The Drivers of Value Creation in the Insurance Industry
Intermediate | 6 – 10 July 2020 | Virtual Training Course
|Date:||6 – 10 July 2020|
|Duration:||Every day from 08.30 – 12.30 CET|
|Location:||Virtual Training Course|
Anyone wanting to better understand how the (re) insurance industry works from a financial perspective.
Seats are limited to allow for active exchange amongst participants. Please only register if you can make yourself available for the full duration of the course.
No financial knowledge is assumed, and all necessary concepts are explained from first principles. Since the course covers a lot of ground and each concept builds on the previous one, participants need to be focused to ensure they get the most out of the course. With the registration for this course, the participants agree to sign up for all four sessions.
We use Microsoft Excel throughout to illustrate the principles and build the models. Participants do not need to be advanced users of Excel to cope with what is required as only a basic knowledge is required. Any financial functions that are used on the course will be explained.
- Meet each other and tech test
- Session 1 - Funding sources and the cost of capital
- Session 2 - Sources of value creation in the (re)insurance sector
- Session 3 - Measuring value creation
- Session 4 - Linking insurance business drivers
- Session 5 - Impact of changes in business performance drivers on ROE
- Session 6 - Economic capital requirements
- Session 7 - Capital management strategies
- Session 8 - The role of reinsurance in effective capital management
- Session 9 - The link with market value