Analytics Edge Programme
8 June – 13 July 2021 | Virtual Training Course
|Line of Business:||All|
|Date:||8 June – 13 July 2021|
|Duration:||Maximum six weeks, at your own pace, including "meet the experts hour" sessions hosted by Swiss Re|
|Location:||Self-paced fully virtual training course|
Have you got the edge?
Insurance is changing. All along the value chain, insurance is going digital.
What does this mean for your company? Data is becoming your most valuable asset. Effectively understanding and using that data is your edge. It could be the difference between success and failure.
This programme is for executives and senior managers wanting to gain an edge in understanding the capabilities of modern analytics methods. Our experts will guide your team leaders in scoping and designing their own analytics solutions. You will gain the digital analytics insights you need to help you arrive at better business outcomes.
Participants must be fluent in English. No coding required.
In this programme, you will:
- Experience analytics user cases in a range of real world issues, including Covid-19, loan default risk, and handwriting recognition.
- See cutting-edge algorithms in action including XGBoost, Optimal Classification Trees, Deep Learning, and optimization.
- Learn how a common fungible framework can be used to execute analytics projects and provide clear guidance on when to intervene.
Module 1: COVID-19 Calculator
Under sparse data conditions, provide clinicians with a tool to guide their treatment decisions.
Module 2: COVID-19 Delphi Model / Policy Effects
Guide decision making under uncertainty by enabling a decision maker to see the effects of various actions.
Module 3: Default Risk
Interpretable Machine Learning
Determine whether to approve or deny a loan in an explainable way.
Module 4: Handwriting Recognition
Neural Networks / Optimization
Design a complex Al model tailored to your use case by leveraging state-of-the-art tools.
Learn from industry leaders
Jeffrey Bohn. Ph.D.
Chief Research & Innovation Officer, Swiss Re Institute. Previously Chief Science Officer and Head of GX Labs, State Street Global Exchange. Widely published in machine learning, AI and credit risk.
Dimitris Bertsimas, Professor
Boeing Leaders for Global Operations Professor of Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, author of numerous publications, including Analytics Edge.
- Each module is introduced and concluded with a conversation between Jeff and Dimitris
- Each module features an actual live analytics tool
- The story of each tool from idea to production is delivered across the common accessible framework of data, models, decisions, and value chain
- Each module features a series of common failure modes that analytics leaders will be equipped to navigate
What you will get out of this programme
Participants are asked to create a problem statement. Together, we address the data, models, decision points, and value chains needed to solve that problem. We will then consider how to tactically navigate the common pitfalls that cause ML / AI project failures.
Each participant’s observations and answers are recorded and transformed into a workbook. This workbook can be leveraged to bring your own product to life.
After completion of the four modules and a 500-word executive summary, participants will receive a course certificate.
If you are interested in our Client Programmes, please contact Natalia Alvarez.
The event may be photographed, videotaped, filmed and /or digitally recorded. You consent to Swiss Re's use, free of charge, of any memorialization of the event in which you may appear for any Swiss Re publication or promotional purpose.