Building societal resilience
With our re/insurance solutions we help reduce societal vulnerabilities. Our focus areas comprise health and longevity, agriculture, and infrastructure.
Technological and economic development, population growth, ageing populations and other societal trends are putting people and assets in jeopardy. With our re/insurance solutions and investments we help reduce societal vulnerabilities. Our key objectives are:
- We provide affordable health and longevity solutions to our customers to ensure healthy lives and to promote wellbeing across all age groups.
- We support sustainable agriculture and enhance livelihoods across the re/insurance value chain through our risk knowledge and solutions.
- We facilitate sustainable and resilient infrastructure through our risk transfer products.
In our 2019 Sustainability report you can read about a selection of transactions that help build socieal resilience:
- Transactions: Americas
- Transactions: Europe
- Transactions: Asia-Pacific
- Our commitments
- Magnum Go and iptiQ
In recent years, we have helped develop numerous solutions that help build societal resilience. Click on the links below to find out more:
- Supporting an agricultural e-voucher scheme in Zambia
- Insurance payout helps herders save drought-stricken livestock in Kenya
- Successful Kenya Livestock Insurance Program scheme scales up
- Swiss Re introduces first parametric aquaculture insurance solution in Taiwan to protect 120,000 hectares of grouper fish ponds from extreme rainfall in Ping Tung
- First MiCRO natcat business interruption cover launched in Guatemala
- Thai Rice Insurance Scheme scales up to cover 2 million rice farmers
- Swiss Re China protects cotton farmers' yields in cold weather: first programme launched