Our Sustainability Topics
We currently address a total of nine Sustainability Topics, established through our materiality assessment. They include the three key ambitions of our Group Sustainability Strategy.
A key question for any company committed to enabling sustainable progress is what this means for its own business and industry: which topics are "material" to achieving this goal? Based on our materiality assessment, we have defined nine Sustainability Topics:
- Mitigating climate risk and advancing the energy transition
- Building societal resilience
- Driving affordable insurance with digital solutions
- Managing sustainability risks
- Investing responsibly
- Driving sustainable operations
- Engaging our people
- Ensuring good corporate governance and compliance
- Fostering resilient societies: the Swiss Re Foundation
For all of these topics we have set targets – some of them quantitative, others qualitative. In our Sustainability Report you can view a detailed overview of the topics, with brief descriptions, their main links to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our targets, and what we have achieved in the reporting year.