Liability Topics for Underwriters
Advanced | 08 – 12 July 2019 | Zurich, Switzerland
|Line of Business:||Property & Casualty|
|Date:||08 – 12 July 2019|
This course is designed for liability underwriters who wish to gain a comprehensive insight into general liability insurance within a short period, and who have already gained experience in assessing and writing liability insurance policies. Participants should have at least four years liability insurance experience. The course appeals to those who enjoy the challenge of group assignments in a multicultural environment.
Background requirements - To attend this seminar, participants should have:
- Attended “Fundamentals of Casualty Insurance" course or having equivalent training and experience
- Solid knowledge of Casualty/Liability products (motor, accident and general liability)
- At least 5 years of underwriting or comparable experience. Sound knowledge of how to draft a liability insurance program with basic terms and conditions for small or medium-sized companies. Swiss Re Institute reserves the right to postpone applications from candidates not yet fulfilling above prerequisites.
Participants will analyze a range of liability risks and will estimate and determine liability insurance requirements. They will know the essential liability laws and regulations and will be able to advise the client on these, assess the situation and draft a suitable liability program.
Content / Agenda
- International programmes, US/Canadian specialties
- Legal procedure and liability claims including claims reserves
- Introduction to D&O liability
- Introduction to Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL)
- Introduction to Product Recall and Product Tampering
- Professional Indemnity/PI (e.g. Architects and Engineers, participants on construction sites)
- Emerging Risks
If you are interested in our Client Programmes, please reach out to your respective client manager.
Client Programmes Links