Olga Tschekassin is an Economist at Swiss Re. As part of the Group Economic Research & Strategy team, Olga covers global macroeconomic, monetary and political developments. Her regional responsibilities include the UK economy, and Central and Eastern European (CEE) economies & re/insurance markets.
Among others, Olga's responsibilities are:
- Forecasting main macroeconomic and insurance market variables for the UK, Russia, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic
- Co-authoring industry-leading Swiss Re sigma and expertise publications on strategic macroeconomic and insurance market topics
- Write Swiss Re's ''Global economic and financial risk insights'' newsletter on a rotating basis
- Present SRI views and analysis of economic and financial market developments in conferences, panel discussions, and to internal and external clients
- As part of Swiss Re's Brexit working group, advise the business on economic and financial market relevant topics related to the UK's exit from the European Union
Before joining Swiss Re Olga worked as Global Economist at Dolfin Financial (UK). As part of the investment management team, she was conducting macroeconomic research to inform investment decisions. Prior to that, Olga worked as an Economist at Barclays Investment Bank (London) and the European Commission (EC) in Brussels. She joined the EC from Bruegel, a Brussels based international economics think tank. Olga holds a master's degree in International Trade, Finance and Development from Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (BGSE, Universitat Pompeu Fabra).