Christian Mumenthaler started his career in 1997 as associate with the Boston Consulting Group. He joined Swiss Re in 1999 and was responsible for key company projects. In 2002, he established and headed the Group Retro and Syndication unit. Christian Mumenthaler served as Group Chief Risk Officer between 2005 and 2007 and was Head of Life & Health between 2007 and 2010. In January 2011, he was appointed Chief Marketing Officer Reinsurance and member of the Group Executive Committee and became Chief Executive Officer Reinsurance that October. In July 2016, Christian Mumenthaler was appointed Group Chief Executive Officer.
- PhD in Physics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland
- Chairman of Insurance Europe’s Reinsurance Advisory Board
- Co-Chair of WEF Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
- Vice Chairman of the Geneva Association
- Board member of economiesuisse; and of the Swiss American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Pan-European Insurance Forum; of the IMD Foundation Board; of the Global Reinsurance Forum; of the Steering Board Insurance Development Forum; of the Board of Trustees of Avenir Suisse; and of the Board of Trustees of the St. Gallen Foundation for International Studies