Larry Zimpleman was elected to the Board of Directors of Swiss Re Ltd in 2018. He is a member of the Finance and Risk Committee.
Larry Zimpleman started his career in 1971 as actuarial intern at The Principal Financial Group, an investment management company that offers insurance solutions, asset management and retirement services to individual and institutional clients. From 1976 to 2006, he held various senior management and leadership positions at The Principal. He became President and Chief Executive Officer in 2008 and Chairman in 2009. In August 2015, Larry Zimpleman stepped down as President and CEO. His membership in the Board of Directors ended in May 2016.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Drake University
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Iowa Clinic
- Bachelor of Science, Drake University, USA
- MBA, Drake University, USA
- Fellow, Society of Actuaries, USA