Trevor Manuel Member (non-executive, independent)
Contact options for Trevor Manuel
Trevor Manuel was elected to the Board of Directors of Swiss Re in 2015. He is a member of the Audit Committee and the Investment Committee.
Trevor Manuel served in the South African government for more than 20 years, including as Minister of Finance from 1996 to 2009 and as Minister in Presidency, responsible for the National Planning Commission, from 2009 to 2014. He held positions at international bodies, including the United Nations Commission for Trade and Development, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the G20, the African Development Bank and the Southern African Development Community.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Old Mutual Group Holdings Ltd and board member of Old Mutual plc
- Deputy Chairman of Rothschild South Africa
- Professor Extraordinaire, University of Johannesburg
- Honorary Professor, University of Cape Town
- National Diploma in Civil and Structural Engineering, Peninsula Technikon, South Africa
- Executive Management Programme, Stanford University, USA