Philip Ryan Member (non-executive, independent)
Contact options for Philip Ryan
Philip K. Ryan was elected to the Board of Directors of Swiss Re Ltd in 2015. He chairs the Finance and Risk Committee and is a member of the Chairman's and Governance Committee and the Audit Committee. He is also Chairman of Swiss Re America Holding Corporation.
Philip K. Ryan held various positions with Credit Suisse from 1985 to 2008, including Chairman of the Financial Institutions Group, Chief Financial Officer of Credit Suisse Group Ltd, Chief Financial Officer of Credit Suisse Asset Management and Managing Director of CSFB Financial Institutions Group. He was Chief Financial Officer of the Power Corporation of Canada from 2008 to 2012. In that capacity, he was a director of IGM Financial Inc., Great-West Lifeco Inc. and several of their subsidiaries, including Putnam Investments.
- MBA, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial and System Engineering, University of Illinois, USA
- Operating Partner Corsair Capital
- Member of the Advisory Board of NY Green Bank
- Member of the Smithsonian National Board