Closing the protection gap – Smart solutions for the public sector
Every year natural and man-made catastrophes cause a distressing loss of lives and considerable economic costs around the world. Both industrialised and developing countries are affected, and surprisingly, both are also materially underinsured. This is the 3rd edition of the Closing the Protection Gap – Smart Solutions for the Public Sector, which outlines various insurance based tools and approaches proven to help governments, regions and cities, and the constituents they represent, to become more resilient.
To see how it can work in practice, please check out our case-studies as well!
Public sector solutions - case studies
- A risk pool for Africa
- A risk pool for the Caribbean
- Comprehensive disaster risk management for Mexico
- Energy/drought protection for Uruguay
- Heilongjiang - Building climate resilience in rural provinces in China
- Guangdong - building economic resilience against natural disasters for cities
- Protecting China's cotton farmers
- Protecting livestock farmers in Kenya against drought
- Flood protection in Bangladesh
- Protecting rice farmers in Thailand
- Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility (PEF)