Reinsurance Class of Excellence
Advanced| 26 – 30 Aug 2019 | Zurich, Switzerland
|Line of Business:||Property & Casualty|
|Date:||26 – 30 Aug 2019|
This course is designed for insurance professionals who are involved in reinsurance placement of their Property and Casualty lines of business. They are familiar with the functions and interaction of quota-share, surplus, working excess of loss and catastrophe excess of loss treaties. The seminar will appeal to those who enjoy working in a multicultural group.
Participants learn about advanced reinsurance program structuring and treaty features and the interplay of clauses and claims. They will understand how structured solutions can help to optimize capital management reinsurance spending and gain efficiencies under Solvency 2 and IFRS17. They learn the key elements of natural catastrophe modeling and the value of good quality of risk and loss profiles. Participants will also gain an overview of cutting-edge market-related trend topics, like innovation and digitalization. Moreover, they gain the maximum benefit from dialogue with Swiss Re specialists and the other participants.
This course is split into two Parts enabling participants to choose between:
- Parts A & B: Monday to Friday (i.e. full programme)
- Part B only: Wednesday to Friday
Content / Agenda
Part A (Monday - Tuesday)
- Interplay of clauses and claims
- Treaty features
- Advanced reinsurance program design
Part B (Wednesday – Friday)
- Introduction to natural catastrophe modelling
- Reinsurance structured solutions
- IFRS and Solvency II introduction and their implications in a structured reinsurance solution
- Trend topics: Cyber, Block chain and digitization
If you are interested in our Client Programmes, please reach out to your respective client manager.
Client Programmes Links