L&H Insurance Management Simulation
Intermediate | 24 – 26 June 2019 | China (exact location TBC)
|Line of Business:||Life & Health|
|Date:||24 – 26 Jun 2019|
|Location:||China (city TBC)|
Given the versatility of IMS, a wide variety of target groups may be defined depending upon the training scope of the IMS course. Generally, participants hold mid-level positions in insurance companies. On occasion a company will nominate new members of the board of directors to attend an IMS course to give them a quick tutorage in insurance companies operations.
Participants should be:
- Interested in gaining a comprehensive overview of insurance management processes
- Willing to strengthen their knowledge of the effects of strategic and operational decisions on financial statements
- Ready to participate in teamwork activities
A solid understanding of some insurance areas such as underwriting, claims, accounting, actuarial, investment or marketing is beneficial and recommended.
Note: Only clients from South East Asia, Hong Kong, China and Korea will be eligible to apply.
By engaging in intense debate the IMS participants learn the comprehensive decision-making process involved in operating an insurance company. Through Swiss Re’s sophisticated insurance management simulation, members of the team will:
- View major aspects of running an insurance company
- Grasp the fundamentals of drafting and executing a business strategy
- Develop and implement a wide range of strategic decisions for various business areas
- Improve skills in analyzing and interpreting insurance financial statements
- Understand how management decisions (including reinsurance) affect financial result
- Predict consequences of core management decisions
- Strengthen teamwork skills as a member of a management team
- Explore aptitude to risk taking and making decisions quickly
If you are interested in our Client Programmes, please reach out to your respective client manager.