Fundamentals of Casualty
Introductory | 23 Sep – 02 Oct 2019 | Zurich, Switzerland
|Line of Business:||Property & Casualty|
|Date:||23 Sep – 02 Oct 2019|
This basic course is designed for (junior) liability underwriters (or loss adjusters) who wish to gain a comprehensive insight into Casualty and General Liability insurance as well as into Professional Liability issues and want to set a sound basic knowledge in Casualty/Liability. The course appeals to those who enjoy the challenge of group assignments in an international audience.
Background requirements - To attend this seminar, participants should have:
- Basic knowledge of Casualty/Liability products
- At least 1 year of underwriting experience (risk assessing, rating and determining insurance requirements) or comparable experience (e.g. as a loss adjuster)
Swiss Re Institute reserves the right to postpone applications from candidates not yet fulfilling above prerequisites.
Participants are able to identify and explain the different classes of liability insurance and how the various triggers operate. They know the fundamentals of the liability law and critical reserving issues. Furthermore, they understand the difference between professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
Content / Agenda
- Basic principles of the public liability insurance
- Basic principles of liability law …and big losses
- Liability versus coverage, incl. group work
- Cornerstones of a policy (including "triggers")
- Risk visit and Case study
- Motor Insurance
- Emerging Risks
- Professional Indemnity (PI/E&O) in general
- Professional Indemnity for Architects and Engineers
- Med Mal/PI for Doctors and Hospitals
- PI for D&Os
- PI for Lawyers and Accountants
If you are interested in our Client Programmes, please reach out to your respective client manager.
Client Programmes Links
- Read our flyer for programme information and client testimonials
- Watch video
- Course level descriptions
- Insurance management simulation