March 2012 webinar: BI/CBI triggered by Nat Cat events
In recent years several intense Nat Cat events have led to long periods of business disruption because of severe devastation of property. Internationally operating companies experienced production damage around the globe. National economies as well as insurance companies faced record high losses because of these events. Shortcomings of supply chain risk assessment became obvious to the insurance industry but not all problems are easy to solve. This webinar will discuss BI vulnerability drivers and its dependency on the regional distribution of insured locations. Measures to limit the uncertainty of business interruption risks will be outlined.
This webinar is targeted at underwriters and risk mangers who deal with NatCat risks.
- Background to recent Nat Cat events
- Drivers of CBI/BI vulnerability of multi-national corporations
- Capabilities and limitations of current Nat Cat models to capture relevant information for business interruption assessment
- Lesson for underwriting to reduce the uncertainty of business interruption exposure
- Presentation – 45 mins
- Question and answers – 15 mins
Natural Catastrophe Specialist
Senior Property Underwriter
28 March 2012 (Wednesday)
2 -3 p.m. Hong Kong time
If you are interested in attending this webinar, please contact your Client Manager.
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.