Course level descriptions
Our level descriptions help you find the courses best suited for your level of experience and expertise. Specific knowledge is a prerequisite for certain courses. We reserve the right to defer applications from candidates who do not yet fulfil these requirements.
- Courses cover fundamental building blocks of a particular subject or work area.
- Candidates should possess a basic understanding of a subject or work area and have the ability to perform varied tasks with some guidance or supervision.
- Course content difficulty level is basic to intermediate for candidates at the beginning stages of their careers, with 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- The overall goal of these courses is to enhance knowledge and skills in a particular subject or work area.
- The courses are appropriate for people working, or wishing to work, in technical and professional jobs and/or managing and developing others.
- Course content difficulty level is intermediate to advanced for individuals with a sound knowledge base and 3 to 5 years of work experience.
- The overall goal of these courses is to sharpen skill sets and enhance the effectiveness of technical experts and/or leaders and managers.
- Appropriate for senior professionals and managers who understand the factors underlying the performance of their companies.
- Course content difficulty level is advanced and is designed for professionals, specialists and/or leaders and managers with more than 5 years of experience.
- Courses are designed for practitioners and/or managers and leaders who have advanced their careers to the upper management level and who understand the implications of global external industry trends, the driving forces in the market, as well as the factors underlying the performance of their companies.
- These courses generally focus on the development of new and creative approaches that extend or redefine existing knowledge or professional practice.
- These courses target professionals with at least 5 to 10 years of industry and/or leadership experience.
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.