P&C Insurance Management Simulation
|Line of Business:||Property & Casualty|
|Date:||15 - 17 May 2018|
Given the versatility of IMS, a wide variety of target groups may be defined depending upon the training scope of the IMS course. Generally, participants hold mid-level positions in insurance companies. On occasion a company will nominate new members of the board of directors to attend an IMS course to give them a quick tutorage in insurance companies operations.
Participants should be:
• Interested in gaining a comprehensive overview of insurance management processes
• Willing to strengthen their knowledge of the effects of strategic and operational decisions on financial statements
• Ready to participate in teamwork activities
A solid understanding of some insurance areas such as underwriting, claims, accounting, actuarial, investment or marketing is beneficial and recommended.
By engaging in intense debate the IMS participants learn the comprehensive decision-making process involved in operating an insurance company. Through Swiss Re’s sophisticated insurance management simulation, members of the team will:
• View major aspects of running an insurance company
• Grasp the fundamentals of drafting and executing a business strategy
• Develop and implement a wide range of strategic decisions for various business areas
• Improve skills in analyzing and interpreting insurance financial statements
• Understand how management decisions (including reinsurance) affect financial result
• Predict consequences of core management decisions
• Strengthen teamwork skills as a member of a management team
• Explore aptitude to risk taking and making decisions quickly
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.
Subscribe To RSS
Subscribe to Newsletters
(Swiss Re Institute) Risk Dialogue Magazine
The Risk Dialogue Magazine is a newsletter exploring future risk topics, featuring multimedia articles from the Swiss Re Institute's events and insights from our global network of experts.
Our sigma publication series provides comprehensive information on the international insurance markets and analyses of economic trends and strategic issues in re/insurance and financial services.
Swiss Re Publications
Our publications share our expertise on issues of concern to our clients, the re/insurance industry and society - from food, health, longevity and financial security to managing climate and natural disaster risk.