Swiss Re offers clients a range of proprietary tools specifically designed to provide overviews and assessments of natural hazard exposure.
Natural hazard information combined with Google Maps™ and satellite imagery is available free of charge for Swiss Re’s clients.
The CatNet® functions and data facilitate a professional overview and assessment of natural hazard exposure for any location worldwide. This makes CatNet® a valuable tool in preparing local, regional and cross-regional risk profiles.
The benefits of CatNet® at a glance
- Swift hazard checks for regions you are not familiar with
- Tailormade maps and satellite images
- Import your location data to illustrate risk exposures combined with natural hazard data
- Country-specific insurance conditions, claims experience and natural disaster loss dimensions
- Footprints of major catastrophes
Three main features of CatNet®
- Natural hazard atlas
- Country-specific insurance data
- Link to disaster statistics
Click below to learn more about CatNet®
CatNet® Web Map Services
CatNet® Web Map Services (WMS), is a new, flexible service Swiss Re offers to provide you with natural hazard information. It complements CatNet®, our online natural hazard atlas. It enables you to enhance your in-house processes – allowing you to access Swiss Re’s comprehensive natural hazard knowledge directly from your own applications via standardised interfaces.
Like CatNet®, WMS also covers global perils such as river flood, coastal flood, seismic hazard, tsunami, wind, hail and more.
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.