Swiss Re offers clients a range of proprietary geo risk tools specifically designed to provide swift overviews and assessments of natural hazard exposure worldwide.
CatNet® (since 2003, completely overhauled 2016)
Assess the risk of individual locations or entire portfolios by combining hazard, loss, exposure and your insurance information with selected background maps and satellite imagery. CatNet® is browser based, ready to use and available free of charge for Swiss Re’s clients.
The benefits of CatNet® at a glance
- Improved single risk assessments for better bottom-line results
- Swift processes with new user interface to reduce costs
- Sound product development support to facilitate growth
- Increased transparency over different markets
- Unique high resolution data now including lightning and volcanic hazards
- Very broad usage from underwriting to data cleansing and post-event discussions.
Main features of CatNet®
- Natural hazard atlas
- Check any location on hazard impact, get a pdf report
- Portfolio analysis on imported data
- Disaster statistics and exposure information
CatNet® Web Map Services
CatNet® Web Map Services (WMS), is a new, flexible service Swiss Re offers to provide you with natural hazard information directly into your own application. It enables you to further streamline your in-house processes by allowing you to access Swiss Re’s comprehensive natural hazard knowledge via standardised interfaces.
Like CatNet®, WMS also covers global perils such as river flood, coastal flood, seismic hazard, tsunami, wind, hail and more.
Technical requirements for CatNet®
Internet Explorer 11 or higher (Firefox, Chrome and Safari mostly supported)
Recommended screen resolution 1600x900 or higher
CatNet Office firstname.lastname@example.org
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.