Established 1863

Please select period of time

1879

Wilhelm Wasels, Manager of Swiss Re from 1879-1900.

1875

Swiss Re purchases its first own office building, the 'Felsenburg' at Brandschenkestrasse 32 in the suburb of Zurich-Enge. Twenty employees move into the new premises.
  
The same year also sees the foundation of the first subsidiary company: the Prudentia, a limited company for reinsurance and coinsurance. This is an in-house retrocession company which was merged with the Swiss Re in 1934.