“Best of Show” three times over!
We won a total of five awards, including three “Best of Show”, at the 51st annual IMCA Showcase Awards held in conjunction with the IMCA’s Annual Meeting last week in Seattle.
The IMCA – Insurance Marketing & Communications Association – is an international organization of insurance communications professionals from the fields of employee communications, marketing communications, public relations, web and sales promotions.
In addition to a full programme of educational activities at last week’s annual meeting, the IMCA held its annual awards show, which is the largest and most prestigious in the insurance industry. The Showcase Awards recognize excellence in communication strategy and programmes over the past 12 months in 34 separate categories.
We won “Best of Show” in the categories of:
- Public Relations - Swiss Re’s sigma series of publications. This included the complete series of reports from 2008.
- Event Communications – Our participation in the 2008 RIMS convention for our fully integrated marketing approach.
- Consumer Print Product Advertising – Our Workers Compensation payroll products advertisement targeting small payroll companies.
We also won two Awards of Excellence:
- Cause Related Marketing for our communication campaign about the Kansas City Corporate Challenge, and
- Audio/Visual Communications for our Industrial Risk Insurer promotional video which played in our RIMS booth.
“This is the first time in many years that Swiss Re has entered this competition,” said Randy Clinger, Head of Marketing Communications for the Americas Division and an executive board member of the IMCA. "The competition is always tough because you compete against companies like State Farm, Allstate, Liberty Mutual who have top quality creative and are well known for their communications excellence. I was pleased with the outcome and this is a great third party endorsement of the hard work and talent within Swiss Re.”
We are a member of IMCA along with some of the world’s largest multiline P&C and L&H insurance companies, regional and specialty insurance carriers, insurance brokers, general agencies and other prominent insurance suppliers. The purpose of the organization is to promote leading edge marketing and communication techniques to encourage higher standards of excellence within insurance communications.
Next year’s IMCA Annual Meeting will be held in Atlanta and our Communications team is already considering possible entrants for the next Showcase Awards.
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality and relevance of our publications, we would like to know more about you.